In-depth Study Tour to Palestine/Israel March & November 2018
Experience Travel Tours (ETT) comes with nearly twenty years of experience in providing alternative tours to the Occupied Palestine Territory (OPT) and Israel. Core analysis is provided by Dr Jeff Halper, Director, Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD), former Nobel Peace Prize nominee, his analysis is much sought after by politicians, diplomats, NGOs, religious bodies, peace activists and the media.
This eleven-day tour has been prepared for those who are interested in witnessing the current reality. Travel will take participants to the different geographical areas – the Mediterranean coastline, the Judean and Negev Deserts, and the Galilee. See layers of history from before the time of the Romans, including ancient terraces, ruins, and olive trees more than 2000 years old. Experience the culture in a variety of ways from cuisine to markets, to traditional dress and embroidery, and with the living reminder that this area is home to the three monotheistic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
The itinerary includes close to thirty visits thus facilitating an outstanding opportunity to:
- meet with inspiring key people and organisations who work on the cutting edge providing political analysis, education, humanitarian assistance and legal representation
- look at issues concerning housing and water rights, displacement, refugees, mental and physical health, travel restrictions, settlements, closures, women, children, education and the struggle to preserve ancient Palestinian heritage and architecture
- learn about genuine media reporting and the need of security for all people
- gain insight about the elements required for obtaining a just and sustainable solution for both Palestinians and Israelis based on international law
- discover what brings hope to the locals and what they want us to do when we get home
- participate in daily debriefing sessions to discuss the day’s programme
Several days will be based in a small family-owned hotel in Bethlehem, near the Separation Wall where contemporary history is being made. Participants also stay in East Jerusalem not far from the renowned Educational Book Shop and Jerusalem’s Old City, and in Nazareth in the heart of the Galilee.
12 – 22 March 2018 – £1090 – per person – single supplement £245
5 – 15 November 2018 – £1100 – per person – single supplement £250
The cost per person includes the full eleven-day tour programme staying at good three-star hotels at half-board (bed, breakfast and evening meal), sharing a twin-bedded room with ensuite facilities, guidance from the tour leader, other day-guides and tips. Flights, lunches and travel insurance are not included. A single supplement charge for a single room is available for an additional fee. Travel is by our own private comfortable coach with an expert local driver from a licensed bus company and the group is kept to a maximum of 18 participants.
The itinerary includes walking over rough terrain therefore participants should be reasonably fit. An application form must be completed, and a £200 non-refundable deposit is due once your place is confirmed. Participants are provided with personal guidance so that they get the most from this unique opportunity. Contact email@example.com for information.