Sabeel-Kairos Conference and AGM 2021!
‘A Christian Response to Israeli Apartheid’.
Join us on Saturday September 25th as we hear about apartheid in Israel and Palestine from international human rights attorney Jonathan Kuttab and other experts in the field.
10:30am – 1pm: Conference
We are delighted to be offering an extensive programme for our conference this year, which in addition to the above keynote speaker will feature Omar Haramy from Sabeel Jerusalem, Rifat Kassis from Kairos Palestine, worship by Garth Hewitt and Revd Dr Stephen Sizer, updates on our successes in 2020-21, and our ambitious plans and priorities for 2022. You will also be able to chose 2 breakout seminars from the following:
1. Young Advocates Forum (for under 35’s only) – come and hear how you can be part of a worldwide movement for peace and justice in Palestine inspired by young people like Muna Al-Kurd and Atalya Ben-Abba
2. Regional Groups/Kairos Communities – becoming part of a movement. Come along and meet others that are involved in community/regional groups, and discuss how we can support each other, share resources and campaign for change in our churches and communities. Also relevant for those looking to connect with others in their denomination/regional area.
3. Resourcing the Church – want to talk about Palestine in your church but don’t know where to start? Or looking to make Palestine a justice and peace issue that is central to your worship and teaching? Garth Hewitt will lead this workshop and offer a variety of worship and liturgy resources that you can take away at the end!
4. Bible Study on Apartheid – the ‘A’ word is becoming more mainstreamed with big reports out this year by B’Tselem and Human Rights Watch. But what is a biblical response to apartheid, and how do we raise this complicated issue in our churches? Revd Dr Stephen Sizer will lead this bible study to equip you to do the same in your church/small group.
5. Voices from the Ground – with Sabeel Jerusalem and Kairos Palestine. 2020-21 was a challenging time for everyone, but none more so than for the Palestinians. Come and listen to our partners speak about their work during COVID 19, and how they continue to be a beacon of hope to the communities they serve. Led by Omar Haramy and Rifat Kassis.
Register for the Conference:
Registration for this event is free and easy! Please click the following link (and if you can make a note of your workshop preferences that will make our work easier on the day!)
1:15-2pm: AGM (members only)
After our conference we will take a short break before heading into our AGM, which will include hearing from our Chair of the Board, Karen Fairfax-Cholmeley, more on our successes this year and priorities for next year, new and retiring board members, and a comprehensive financial report. If you do not want to attend the conference but would like to be present at the AGM please contact us for the zoom link.
The AGM is for current members only (those that have paid their 2020-21 membership fees up to September 2021)
Please find below links to all the documents and papers for our AGM for you to download and read in advance.
Register to attend the Conference and AGM: Click here