Advocacy officer (under 35s focus)
- 18-21 hours a week at £25,350 full-time (37.5 hours a week) per annum pro rata
- Flexible hours to be agreed with the Director (at least 2 days between the hours of 10am-3pm Monday-Friday, some evening and weekend work also required)
- Permanent (subject to a successful 3-month probationary period.
- Home-based, with some UK and international travel expected.
- Holidays: 25 days + statutory holidays (8 days) pro rata
We are a small, energetic Christian charity seeking the right person to help us grow in our reach and influence in the under 35s age category. We are a strong campaigning organisation with deep roots in the UK churches, advocating for justice, equality and peace for Palestinians. We support the work of two organisations in Palestine, the Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Centre in Jerusalem and the Kairos Palestine movement in the occupied West Bank.
You will be a motivated, passionate individual with a strong knowledge and understanding of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and the rights of Palestinians in international law. You will have an understanding (and preferably direct experience of working with) both the Palestinian Christian community, and Churches here in the UK, including the main denominations. Experience of organising campaigns and running them will be an advantage. You will also need to have experience of, or creative ideas about how to engage the under 35s in campaigning, advocating and supporting the work of our organization and our partners, and pursuing justice and peace for Palestinians. Please see the job description and person specification below for more details.
Unfortunately, we are not able to support visa applications for overseas individuals, so you must already have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 2nd September 2022.
Interviews: w/c 12th September (via zoom).
Please note, we will only contact you if your application has been successful and we are inviting you for interview.