We are a small and energetic advocacy based human rights Christian charity promoting a just peace in Israel and Palestine.
Originally two separate organisations that merged in 2017, Sabeel-Kairos is a Christian based UK charity committed to supporting peace and justice in the Holy Land. We are a network of individuals, organisations, churches and communities of all backgrounds across the UK, who stand in solidarity with the Palestinian people in partnership with, and by promoting and advocating on, the messages of Kairos Palestine and the Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Centre in Jerusalem.
Through our commitment to these Palestinian grassroots Christian movements, we support Palestinian Liberation Theology and the Kairos Palestine 2009 document ‘A Moment of Truth’, as well as advocating for the peaceful resistance it calls for us to support, including Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, Morally Responsible Investment, challenging the misuse of theology to oppress and praying for peace.
We are working towards an enduring peace by:
- Supporting the ecumenical, inclusive ministry of Sabeel Jerusalem through our prayerful actions and challenging the misuse of the Bible
- Supporting Kairos Palestine through our advocacy and awareness-raising
- Raising awareness in the UK of the struggle of the Palestinian people, especially the suffering of the Christian community in Palestine and Israel.
- Promoting International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
- Advocating peaceful resistance for Palestinians and globally, including;
- Morally Responsible Investment
- Boycott, Divestment & Sanctions
- Coordinating activities between friends in the UK, Palestine, Israel and globally.
Read or download ‘Time for Action’– the British response to the Kairos Palestine document, A Moment of Truth.
You can also download our Welsh translation of Time for Action here: